A contextual connected vehicle concept
Introducing the data-fueled vehicle. The next stage in automotive evolution arrives in the form of Lochbridge LAYR, a conceptual connected vehicle framework. More than navigation, more than infotainment: LAYR proactively guides the driver by combining information from apps, the environment and your personal driving behavior into a single intuitive interface. Traffic, weather, navigation, entertainment options, service and amenity locations, even social media information are presented in a personalized, contextually-aware environment that evolves in response to driver choices and behaviors. LAYR proactively delivers what drivers want to see and need to know, and at precisely the right moment – and with a minimum of direct interaction with the system.
LAYR is the safer, smarter and more effective alternative to the current generation of app-centric, menu-driven connected vehicle systems. LAYR breaks down barriers between siloed apps and services, recombining information for a rich, rewarding, and completely personalized driver experience.
Inside LAYR. The LAYR API accesses information from any number of services, proactively providing the information drivers want and need into a location-aware map-based interface. Through user preferences and by analyzing driver behavior, LAYR’s Learning Engine progressively refines the information it presents to deliver a fully personalized user experience.
- ENVIRONMENTALLY AWARE. Aware of your location and your route, LAYR adjusts the nature of alerts and information offered.
- SELECTIVE PRIORITZATION.. LAYR prioritizes relevant, high-value information, such as navigation or safety data, ahead of other messaging.
- TASK AWARE. LAYR adapts and presents information based upon driver preferences, patterns and vehicle state (i.e., in motion or at rest).
- PREDICTIVE FILTERING. Alerts, notations and promotions are presented or omitted based on previous choices.
- BEHAVIOR RESPONSIVENESS. Routes taken, stops made, and messages responded to influence filtering processes to ensure that the most relevant and desirable information is presented.
- TEMPORAL AWARENESS. Information offerings are influenced by time of day/day of week in relation to habitual driver behaviors.
- CUSTOMIZABLE INTERFACE. The in-vehicle experience can be readily adapted to incorporate OEM branding and user preferences.
- PRIVACY CONSCIOUS. Permission-based information sharing and state of the art security measures ensure the safety of user data.
- SAFETY FOCUSED. LAYR removes app siloes and minimizes menu diving, combining information within one common intuitive interface.
The flexible and adaptable LAYR system is conceived to integrate data from a virtually endless range of sources. Familiar in-vehicle presences such as GPS and satellite radio combine with major media outlets, OEM data, social media, and other sources for situationally-appropriate presentation through a single interface.App-Free Data Access.
Learn more about our work
Get in touch with a sales associate today.